Sunday, January 29, 2012

Hem Gems - Temporary Tailor



Hem Gems, an easy and fast way to temporarily shorten your jeans!!

Most jeans are 1-2 inches too long for me. I only can wear them with high heels or platformed shoes.
There are times when I want to wear flats, but I hate folding the bottom hems up, look tacky.

Then, I found this product online, from hemgems.com. You can buy them on dailygrommet.com too.
With these "gems", I can shorten the jeans temporarily so that I can wear them with flats.
I could have done it cheaper way with safety pins, but they were kinda hard to put on. I don't have the patience. 



Before vs After


There are 5 kinds of "gems" to choose from. One box costs $19.99, you'll get 8 "gems".
I bought the silver star one. I was split between the black classic rivet and the star. The black ones are more versatile, they can blend in with the jeans better, but I have a thing with stars.  

They stay put until you take them off yourself. They don't damage the jeans at all. I love them! :)


Update (Mar 23, 2012):

I bought another set from DailyGrommet.com! I bought it there instead of straight from the HemGems site because the total after shipping fee is 5 cents cheaper. LOL :-P
Shipping is fast, just 3-4 days, via First Class Mail.

If you want a more discreet style, definitely get the "Classic Rivets", the button size is slightly smaller than the star one.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Bunny!
    I was wondering if your hem gems are still working for you! I'm really interested in getting one b/c i'm really short and these would be perfect! But i read reviews on amazon about them breaking!
    I just wanted to know if yours didnt break or anything!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Regina. Yeah they are working GREAT!
      I actually wanted to get another pair, the classic gold rivets, but they are out of stock on hemgems and dailygrommet websites until mid March. :(

      The back closure is kinda tricky to take off. I was frustrated at first. I didn't understand the instruction on the packaging. But after I was able to remove one, the rest was a breeze. When you're going to wash your jeans/pants, you have to remember to take them off first.
      When you're planning to use these hemgems on skinny jeans, you probably have to wear socks, because the back closures will poke your skin. They are fine if you use them on bootcut jeans.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for your reply!
      I might have to get me some now! :)

      Delete