Wednesday, November 23, 2011

November'11 - Week 2


Hubby and I, and a couple of friends, went to Orlando FL and stayed there for a week! It's really nice and refreshing for being able to get away from work and the gloomy Oregon!!

We visited Universal Studios and Disneyworld (Magic Kingdom, Hollywood, and Epcot).

My favorite theme park was the Harry Potter theme park!! We spent whole day over there, and we drank lots of butterbeer!! It tasted like a mixed of root beer and butterscotch. I wish they sold one in a bottle or a can so that we could bring some home.


Coincidentally, our trip was on the same day as Q&A session with the HP casts! I was so happy that I could see the Weasley twins in person!! ^o^  This was the 2nd day of the Q&A session. 
I heard on the first day, Emma Watson (Hermoine) and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) were there. So sad that I missed that one!




Hubby and I splurged on Gryffindor clothes! I bought the Gryffindor hoodie. It costs $60, before tax. I hesitated to purchase it because it's pricey, but hubby said to just buy it if I wanted it. Yay!


Hubby purchased a Gryffindor knit beanie.
He also bought the Hogwarts robes, 3 of them!! For him, me and his sister.
It costs $100 for one! Crazy. I was like, "Are you sure you want to get those robes?! It's 100 bucks each!!" Then, he bought the scarves too. LOL. We didn't buy the ties, 'cuz it's $30 for one, too much for a tie.

The robe is pretty cool, it has a hood, I didn't know it had one. It also has a hidden pocket inside designed for the wand. It looks like we are going to dress up as Hogwarts students for Halloween every year from now on. LOL. We only bought one wand, the Harry Potter's. We were going to get the Dumbledore's too, but we changed our mind.



★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
We flied back home last Saturday (Sad!), and stayed at our friend's house for one night. On Sunday, we went to Nordstrom Rack. I bought a lace-trimmed open cardigan.

 Lace-Trimmed Open Cardigan - $20

The lace is so delicate and pretty !!


★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I also bought a sweaterdress from Ann Taylor Loft. I was originally there only to return a sweaterdress that I bought online 2 months ago (They have 60 days return policy). They were having a sale, select styles were on sale for $35. 

I bought a sweaterdress for $35! Pretty cheap!
At first, I didn't believe the dress only cost $35, because it's not on sale online (I checked it on my iPhone when I was in the dressing room). I'd had to ask the cashier before I bought it.
Online, this dress  currently still costs $89.50, and even with the current 40% off promo, it still costs $53+, not including the $8 shipping cost! That's a huge price difference!

Sweaterdress - $35 (Orig. $89.50)

8 comments:

  1. Haha Ronald Bilius, you mean Rupert Grint.

    Love your HP goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahah ooops. I'll fix that. Mistaken his real name with his character name T_T

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lace trim shirt! I wish all Nordstrom Rack had the same items. I was there today and didn't see anything that cute. Did you sign up to get the free $20 GC from Hautelook to spend at Nordstrom Rack?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No! I didn't know about that deal at all! I've been avoiding that site since I bought a soia kyo coat, to avoid temptation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It wasn't a deal. I received an email saying that if I signed up for Nordstrom's emails then I'll get a $20 GC to Nordstrom Rack. Here's a screenshot of the email --> http://i44.tinypic.com/35arsyx.png

    Double check your email! It was sent on the 16th.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I searched all my Hautelook emails with keyword "Nordstrom Rack" I've never received one :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have two Hautelook account and only received it on one. Maybe it's only for some members. The one that I received it on I've only ordered once.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yah, always the rarely active customers always get the good perks >_>

    ReplyDelete