Monday, November 7, 2011

November'11 - Week 1


The weather is getting colder here, but I am sick of wearing pants/jeans all the time. So I bought a couple of knit skirts.

SIMPLY VERA WANG Ponte Skirt - $25.20 


It's a knee-length skirt. A little bit too expensive for a skirt, but I like the 'fishnet' design on the sides.

ATHLETA Ponte Packable Knit Skirt - $39

I found this skirt on eBay. I didn't like the price at first. But, after watching it for about a week, I caved and bought it. 
The skirt looks as modeled when worn, it's below the knee. It's made of good material, it's thick and it's made of wrinkle-resistant fabric. 

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★


My Sephora 20% Friends & Family Haul, and they didn't cost me a cent !! 
Paid all with a gift card heheh ^__^


From Left to Right
  • Perfume and skin care samples
  • DiorSkin Forever Flawless Perfection Wear Foundation - Light Beige (20) & Linen (21)

    • I forgot to include the 2nd foundation in the picture.
    • My best friend LOVES this foundation, so I purchased them out of curiosity.
    • I usually wear Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Beige Ivory.
    • The DiorSkin in Linen matches my yellow skin tone perfectly. The Light Beige one is more pink, it makes my skin looks darker under sunlight.
    • It provides matte powder finish, I like this, so I don't need to apply finishing powder after.
    • The foundation has the expensive fragrance smell that lingers for a long time, I don't like it.
    • Unfortunately, the foundation is too drying for my skin. After I'm done applying the foundation, dry patches appears everywhere.
    • So, I'm going to return them and stick with Laura Mercier.
  • Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray
    • This makeup setting spray is better than Mac Fix+!
  • Boscia Revilatizing Black Hydration Gel
                  
    • I love the dispenser! This way the gel won't get contaminated or accidentally spilled out.
    • The gel is black because it contains charcoal which absorbs excess oil and impurities as it detoxifies. It won't make your face or finger black, obviously, because your skin will absorb it.
    • It also contains glycolic acid, it helps clarify skin and smooth rough texture. The GA is good for lightening pimple scars too. 
  • DirShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum & Primer
    • This is a pretty new product from Dior. Compared to Lancome Cils Booster XL, this primer is pretty good. Easy to apply, prevent smudges, and it holds curls. I don't know about the lash plumping serum part, I don't notice any difference. 
  • DiorShow Mascara - Black
    • I actually like DiorShow Extase more, it makes my eyelashes very thick and long. It's not that I don't like it, it is just too dramatic for daily use. It fits more for special occasions or partying.
    • The DiorShow one fits for daily use more. 

1 comment:

  1. Great sephora haul! I bought the diorshow mascara and was a little disappointed. the brush is so big and the formula is only so so.

    ReplyDelete