Saturday, October 15, 2011

October'11 - Week 1 & 2


I didn't have the time to update last week, so I'm combining purchases from the Week 1 and Week 2 together. :-P


LastCall offered 40% off of one item 2 weeks ago. So I browsed around the site to see if I wanted to get anything.
I came across some poncho tunics. I had been looking for a decent hips-length poncho tunic! Many poncho tunics I'd seen in the past were always too sheer and too short or waist-length. They have the poncho tunics in 2 different color combinations. I only wanted to get one, because it's a pretty pricey top, but I couldn't decide which one to get, so I bought both of them and decided which one to keep later.


CIELO Colorblock Tunic - $34.81 shipped each (Orig. $88 Sale $59)


Of course it didn't end well, ... after I tried on both of them, I decided to keep both of them! LOL I'm so bad.   O well!! I don't shop clothes as often as I used to these past few weeks.

I love the material, soft jersey and not sheer. The armpit hole is not huge, so my bra is not exposed.

 



★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★


 Got a few things from Walgreens website, they had $10 off of $40 promotion. Beside some household stuff, I got a couple of Yes To  products -- Buy One Get One 50% off.


YES TO CARROTS Nourishing Rich Moisture Day Cream - $14.99

In the past, I bought the Yes To Carrots face cleanser. It's a decent face cleanser, I like it.
This moisturizer, it sucks! It feels waxy, it doesn't moisturize well, it just doesn't feel great on my skin. It smells sweet like candies.

YES TO BLUEBLERRIES Smoothing Daily Cleanser - $4.99 (Orig. $9.99)
  

The Yes To Blueberries cleanser is worse. It's very watery, and it doesn't remove makeup very well. When I applied toner on my face with a cotton ball, the cotton ball was dirty.

I returned both of them to Walgreens and bought the Garnier cleanser below.
It's better and cheaper. It doesn't irritate my skin, it removes makeup very well, and my skin feels fresh after .

GARNIER Skin Renew The Ultimate Cleanser for Skin - $5.99





★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Then in the same week I also bought this Avalon Organics face cleanser. It's one of my all time favorite cleansers.  

Somehow, I accumulated around $20 something worth of credit from that site, I have no idea how their reward program works. So when I purchased this cleaner, I only paid for the shipping fee. Good deal!!

AVALON ORGANICS Vit C Refreshing Cleansing Gel - $2.40 shipped (Orig. $6.40)



I also grabbed a freebie,  a full size dental floss !

DESERT ESSENCE Dental Tape - Tea Tree Oil - FREE (Orig. $2.53)

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★


Last week, Rue La La had a big sale. So many cheap clothes, shoes, handbags and accessories! But, I tried to hold myself back, must save money for my one-week vacation next month. 
I only bought a pair of super cheap sandals from Born. Born is an awesome brand, their shoes are stylish and comfortable.

I lovvveee these sandals !! Unique straps design, and they are very comfortable, very thick cushions!

BORN Crown "Annette" - $15.90 shipped (Orig. $120)
 

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

 Bloomingdales had 20% off Friends & Family sale last week, and free shipping too! 

I bought a Bloomingdale's X'mas ornament!  I sort of collect cute X'mas ornaments.

This ornament is pretty heavy, it weighs 7 ounce! 
It's made of stone, not cheap plastic. The globe is made of a real glass, and inside contains water and snow specks just like a real snow globe. Overall it's pretty though, not bad for $12.
One thing I don't like about the ornament, I wish the mouse faced the opposite way, or positioned differently. When the nutcracker is facing forward, I cannot see the mouse, it's hidden.

BLOOMINGDALE'S Nutcracker Little Brown Bag Ornament - $12 shipped (Orig. $15)

No comments:

Post a Comment