Sunday, August 21, 2011

August'11 - Week 3

Since it costs at least $15 (+tip) to get my eyebrows waxed/groomed professionally, I decided to do it myself. So I bought the wax removal kit on Amazon website. It works very well, very easy to use it on my legs and upper lips. I still need to practice to use it on my eyebrows, I'm afraid the strips will take out too much hair and end up eyebrow-less.
I stick the wax jar in the microwave for 20 mins to melt and warm up the wax. After a certain amount of time, the wax goes hard and cold again. So I use the mug warmer to maintain the temperature of the wax.

Mug Warmer - $7.97
MOOM Organic Hair Removal Kit - $12.69



★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★


I found a website called OpenSky, it sells variety of stuff (food, health, lifestyle, etc) that are sold by celebrities. I signed up, and got $10 store credits. A week later, they gave me extra $15 credit. Sweet!! I used the credit to buy a yoga racerback top, in BLUE for free. Yay!

Long story short, my item was out of stock, so in exchange, the seller sent me a top THREE size too small for me and in the color that I hate the most.
OpenSky customer service said that I could keep the wrong top and he refunded my $25 store credits, PLUS $15 credit to compensate my loss. O well, pretty good compensation.

The extra small top sorta fits, because it's very stretchy, but it's not hips-length and I have to mutilate the shelf-bra, since it's super small for my bust size. Too bad, the top actually is really nice. It's stretchy, soft, and it has anti-odor technology.

THRIV Skinny Racer in pink (Orig. $29) - FREE



★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Purchased a couple of random things on Sephora, just to get the VIB freebies. Haha




SEPHORA Pop-Up Brush - $3
SEPHORA Angled Eyeliner Brush - $17
+ VIB Freebies + perfume samples

V.I.B. Hatbox contains the following 8 samples:
Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Lash Building Mascara (0.2 oz),
Stila Coconut Crush Lip & Cheek Stain (0.02 oz),
tokidoki Ciao Ciao Rollerball (0.07 oz),
Phyto Phytolisse Finishing Serum (0.16 oz),
NARS Pro-Prime Pore Refining Primer Oil-Free (0.27 oz),
Brazilian Peel (one application)
Benefit fragrance "Ring My Bella"
and Philosophy Miracle Worker Miraculous Anti-Aging Moisturizer (0.4 oz)


The email says "substitution may occur," so I ordered as soon as possible.
I got everything as shown on the email, except I've got a Benefit deluxe perfume sample "Ring My Bella" instead of Benefit primer "Stay Don't Stray."

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Got an email from Kohls about their Clearance sale, and extra 20% off code. Out of boredom, I checked out the sale. I ended up purchasing 8 items. Hahah...but I returned 4 of them though.

I got a knee-length skirt. I bought so many long boho skirts this season and no knee-length skirt. Love the scallops and embroidery details.

Apt. 9® Eyelet Crinkle Skirt - $11.26



Super cheap tee and comfy bermuda shorts!

SONOMA life + style® Scroll Tee - $3.58
ELLE™ Ruffle Twill Bermuda Shorts
- $10.24


I don't really like wearing knee-length leggings, but they are handy when I need to wear something underneath sheer dresses or tops that are long enough to worn as a dress.

SO® Heathered Capri Leggings - $6.07


★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looking for something to help my nail polish to dry faster, to prevent smudges and bubbles. From the reviews on Amazon, this Seche Vite is the best out there. I haven't had the time to try it out.

Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat - $5.29


★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I LOVE LOVE wool floppy hats!!



I wanted one for a couple of years (more or less), but I only could find this kind of hat at American Apparel, for $40! Ridiculous!!

Finally the 70's fashion is popular again, so these floppy hats are coming back again. JCPenney sells them in 4 colors for $20 online. ASOS also has been selling the wool floppy hat for $12, in my favorite color too!

ASOS 70s Floppy Felt Hat (Orig. $43.10) - $12.07


Yeah, I don't pull off this hat as good as J-Lo or the ASOS model, since my face is round, and my head is kinda big, but I still love how it looks one me. (^__^")

I also bought a gauze boho skirt. It has sort of mermaid-style cut. I love the style and the quality. I also love the smocked elastic band on the back of the skirt to provide custom fit.

VERO MODA Lace Trim Tiered Ankle Skirt (Orig. $55.16) - $17.24

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried at home waxes. Does it hurt when you peel off the wax?

    P.s. good idea on keeping in the wax warm with the desktop coffee warmer. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only a little pain for a split second, when you peel it off of your skin. Epilator is more painful, but less messy.
    Wax is very messy. You have to apply the wax carefully or it will drip on the floor. Then you have to wash the cotton wax strips and then air dry them.
    I used half of the jar to do only bottom half of my legs, I have hairy legs. LOL
    I'm not gonna use wax anymore. So much work and messy.

    ReplyDelete