Sunday, July 24, 2011

July'11 - Week 4


AMAZON MyHabit (Orig. $31) - $6 shipped


Amazon recently just opened its own Private Designer Sale site called MYHABIT.
Until the end of August 2011, you can get $25 off with code SUMMER25.

I bought a rose ring with the code, for $6 shipped!! It's a hella pretty ring, a bit heavy, and not low/cheap quality like Forever 21 stuff. I luv it. Too bad it's slightly too big. I think it's a size 8.

You can find listing of older events on the Slickdeals forum here. Eventhough they are past events, you still can order from those events.

To use the code multiple times, just create a new account each time.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Two months ago, I bought the same jeans in different shade. I love these jeans! They fit perfect and make my legs look long and skinny! I wanted to buy the one below originally, but this pair cost $74. After waiting for 2 months, finally the price of this one has dropped to $24.xx, plus 20% off.

HURLEY Skinny Flare Jeans (Orig. $74) - $19.67 shipped


★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★


I purchased 2 pairs of shoes @ 6pm.com. Agh, I wasn't supposed to buy anymore shoes LOL!

White Mountain and Sofft are companies that make comfy shoes, similar to Clarks and Birkenstock. I'm a sucker for comfy shoes.

WHITE MOUNTAIN Karaoke Sandals(Orig. $59) - $23.60
SOFFT Valencia Boots (Orig. $189) - $75.60





The sandals, I like the style, perfect to wear with anything, skirts, jeans, tights, etc. Comfortable footbed, I can walk for a long time in these.
There's only one problem though. The leather upper that goes around the top part of the foot is slightly too big/loose. So when I'm walking, my foot slides forward and pinch my 3rd toe, and it really hurts. After I applied one of those Foot Petals stickies, the sandals fit much better, no more sliding and toe-pinching.

The boots, no complains about them! I was worried the shaft would be too big for my calves, but it fits just right!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hankook A3F[on] Peeling Gel - $41.94 shipped + Samples



The big bottle is a peeling gel. The 2 tubes are extra peeling gel and cream cleanser.
What the peeling gel does is removing dead skin from face, elbow, knee, or any place with dead and dry skin.

I knew about this product from my friend. I had a bunch of stubborn dry flaky skin around the sides and bottom parts of my nose. I thought it was there because I didn't apply enough moisturizer. After I used the peeling gel, no more dry flaky skin!

To use this product, you apply the gel evenly on your face. Leave it for a minute, you will feel tingling sensation. Then you rub and massage your face in circular motion. White and brown tinged flakes will gradually appear. Those flakes are dead skin. Wash your face with lukewarm water and dry with a towel. Your face is noticeably glowing after!

At first I was going to get the Laneige Strawberry Yogurt Peeling Gel, because it's pretty popular, but I couldn't find it online anywhere beside on eBay. It's expensive too, almost US$40 shipped. So, I bought this Hankook one instead, since it definitely works well, and I get more stuff for the price.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

KERATIN COMPLEX Volumizing Dry Shampoo Lift Powder - $21.60

I saw this dry shampoo in Hair InStyle magazine last month. It looked really promising from the reviews and the price is not bad too, retail is $23.99, or $21.60 shipped from Amazon website. Plus, it also comes with a free refill. There's not many reviews online, I only could find 2-3 of them on some blogs. They were all good ones, of course. I guess because it's a new product. The latest review I could find was dated March 2011.

Last year, I was into The All Nighter Dry Shampoo powder. I liked it because I could pick the color of the powder so that it blended well with my black hair, but it's such a hassle to clean my forehead and my shirt from the black powder every time. There's also the Psst Instant Spray Shampoo, it worked okay, but I had to throw it away when it's only half empty because the build-up powder clogged the nozzle.

This Keratin Complex is SOOOOOO much better than those other two. The powder is white, but it doesn't turn my hair gray. My hair absorbs it instantly. Easy application too, you can use the brush or put some on your hand first to apply on your scalp. The powder absorbs build-up oil and dirt really well. After the application, I don't have the urge to wash my hair until the following day.


1 comment:

  1. hey dear, just wanted to inform you that i picked you as one of the bloggers to win some blog awards! check out my blog to see your name =)

    Love, An
    p.s. [we've talked on soompi before haha it's me, meilove!]

    ReplyDelete