Sunday, July 17, 2011

July'11 - Week 3

I went to visit my best friend in Califonia last weekend, 4 days and 3 nights. I had been delaying to go there for a year, there was always something came up,.... plus I didn't like being away from hubby for more than a couple of days. LOL
Her plan was to take me to a bunch of malls and sightseeing. One day, a girl posted on Facebook wall that she's going to get digital perm. That gave me an idea, and asked my friend to find a good and affordable salon that could do digital perm for me. There's absolutely no salon in Oregon that could do digital perm, as far as I know.

She took me to Park Seung Chol Hair Studio, in Garden Grove, CA. Great service and very affordable, only $120 + tip, for wash, cut and perm. Other places generally charge $200-$300.



I love the digital perm machine, so robotic-looking haha.

The hairstylist, Vicky, she trimmed and layered my hair a bit, she also explained to me how to style the perm, and she also gave me a full size hair serum too for free. For $120, it's such a good deal!



The hairstylist said the curls would look nicer after a few washes. A week has passed, my curls currently resemble to beach waves.
After I wash my hair, I pat dry, and apply the hair serum. Next, I spritz a little of curling spray, scrunch my hair and then blow dry on the cool temp setting.
In the morning, the curls turn into ugly flat weird kinks. I can prevent that by tying my hair in a bun, but it's uncomfortable sleeping w/ a big bump on the back of my head. So, to revive them, I just damp my hair with water and scrunch it. I don't put any hair styling products because it's just weighing the curls down and feel stiff. When my hair is dry, the curls bounce back.

Before vs After


Beside the curls reviving routine every morning, I love my hairrrr!! No need to curl it with a flat or curling iron anymore. I wish there's a digital perm salon in my state so that I didn't have to fly all the way to California to touch up my perm in the future.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sephora emailed me about MUFE freebies for Sephora VIB members, with $35+ purchase. Yay!


Lab Shine Lip Gloss
HD Powder

Smoky Lash Mascara
Aqua Eyes Eyeliner
Graphic Pouch


So, my friend and I went to the store and bought a Boscia Detoxifying mask ($25) and a makeup setting spray.

I returned the Boscia mask after I tried it out with my friend, we agreed it's not worth the price. Nothing special about it. The Urban Decay makeup setting spray, it's not bad. With and without it, I don't see any dramatic difference. I think I won't purchase for the full size, plus it's pricey ($29). The MUFE freebie is pretty nice. They are small, but they will last me a few weeks. My favorite items are the powder and the lipgloss.

URBAN DECAY All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray (Travel Size) - $11
+ MUFE VIB freebie


★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I went to H&M to look for a specific tee, I couldn't find it. I was SO bummed. But, I left the store not empty-handed. I bought a couple of skinny wrap belts for a buck each! I couldn't choose which size to get. I'm not sure if I want to wear it on my natural waistline or low on my hips. So, I bought both of them. They are only a buck each after all.

H&M Wrap Belt (Orig. $12.50) - $1


★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

One of the places that my friend took me to was Little Tokyo. There were two Japanese stores that sold a bunch of knick knacks, from dolls, nail polishes, cosmetics, hair dyes, to kitchen utensils.

DOMOKUN Doll
WAKILALA Bright Up Essence

LUCIDO-L Designing Aqua Hair Perm Water Spray

Two Crackle Nail Polish




I saw this hair styling product online when I was researching about digital perm. It's a very gentle hair setting spray for permed hair. I spritz this all over my hair before I blow dry.



I wasn't sure what this product was for when I bought it. The picture caught my attention. I assumed it's to brighten underarm skin. I researched it online, I was right, luckily. I use it after I shower. Too early to tell if it really works or not.




The Japanese stores also sold rows and rows of crackle nail polish in multiple brands. They also had the OPI brand too. I bought the cheaper/unknown brands for half of the OPI retail price. They work just as good as the more expensive OPI brand.




★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

When we were at some outdoor malls, I forgot the name, we came across the Skinfood store. I thought they were only in Asia countries! Pretty pricey stuff, I guess it's similar to Body Shop pricing. The small ones like lip glosses and blushes are okay, around $8-$15. The bigger bottles such as toners or cleansers were around $20-30.
The employees were very nice, they gave their customers a bunch of masks and body scrubs samples.



I bought a creme blush ($9+tax) that gives my cheeks that natural rosy glow. The packaging is so small and cute. I love that it comes with a puff for easy application.



★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This dress is VERY comfy. Love it.
If I saw this dress online, I wouldn't have bought it. The white mid-section looks weird. I didn't notice it until I saw these modeled pictures.

FOREVER 21 Flora Jersey Dress - $17.50





I really like the neckline of this ON top. As you can see, it has partial cowlneck neckline. Very unique design. I wish it came in different colors. They only have this in olive green and black.

OLD NAVY Side-Twist Cowl-Neck - $19.94




★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

When my friend and I were at Bloomingdales, we came across the sunglasses section. I noticed they had the Ray-Ban sunglasses. I always wanted a pair of the aviator sunglasses, but I had no clue which style suited my face shape. So, I tried out a bunch of them. I found the same sunglasses that I wanted to get on Amazon website for SO MUCH cheaperrrrr. After the 20% off discount code plus $50 gift card, I was able to buy the sunglasses for super cheap! Yay!

RAY-BAN 3267 Square Aviator Sunglasses (Orig. $129) - $25.94 shipped



3 comments:

  1. I think your hair turned out really pretty and the Domo is too cute ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have to be honest. your hair doesn't look that great. i think it frames your face weirdly and it makes you look older. those sunglasses aren't very appealing either. it also doesn't suit your face. i like reading your blog for hauls. i just think those two things make you look a lot older than usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Joy: Thanks
    @Anonymous: Thanks for being honest. I'm old. I'm not in my 20s anymore haha :)

    ReplyDelete