Sunday, June 5, 2011

June'11 - Week 1

I purchased a couple of Laura Mercier foundation last week, paid partially with a $25 off of $85 purchase, I have also got a bunch of freebies too. So it's a pretty good deal.

I picked my shades using the Flawless Face Finder on the website (Medium & Yellow Undertone). It really helped me in deciding which shades to get.




Gift with Purchase:





So far I have only tried the Silk Creme Foundation, I apply the foundation with my fingers. I haven't tried the Oil Free Foundation yet. I'm too lazy to try the oil free foundation because I have to use a brush to apply it on my face.
The Silk Creme foundation shade is a perfect match, it blends perfectly with my skin. It gives luminous finish, so your skin looks glowing instead of matte.

I've also tried the foundation primer. I don't like it that much. It makes the area around my nose flakey. The Reviva Labs foundation primer I got last week works better.
So, I'm selling the foundation primer (full size and GWP) on eBay, and the lipstick too. I don't wear dark red lipstick.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hubby and I went to the mall on Saturday, to check out some stuff.
Trade Secret has been having out-of-business sale. Unfortunately only the unknown brands that are on sale. I grabbed a couple of $15-$16 volumizing hair products for $1.50 each, three BigSexyHair mini size shampoo+conditioner+hair gel for $.50 each. Hubby bought a hair gel for $1.50 too.





★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

We also went to Walmart, to check out some lamps and home decors.

I bought a facial cleanser since my current one is almost out. For facial cleanser, I usually buy Avalon Organics Vitamin C from iHerb.com. This time I want to try a different brand. I came across this Yes To Carrots brand in the beauty aisle where they keep the natural facial and body care products.

YES to CARROTS Daily Cream Facial Cleanser - $7.97


The key ingredients are carrots, aloe vera, and shea butter. It's paraben and SLS free.
It's made of 96% natural ingredients. The 4% non-natural ingredient is the floral fragrance. It smells nice, but I don't understand why they have to put fake fragrance in it, carrot smells fine to me.
I really like this facial cleanser. I use it with the Clarisonic brush. After I'm done, my face does not feel tight and dry at all. It feels moisturized, clean and really fresh. I think the fresh feeling is from the aloe vera. I probably will try the moisturizer after I have finished my Burt's Bees Carrots creme.

No comments:

Post a Comment