Sunday, April 3, 2011

April'11 - Week 1

On Friday, after hubby and I had just got home from work, he gave me this winter hat. I was soooo happy! ♥ Why? Besides Birthday gifts, he very rarely buys me things. LOL



★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I also picked up a bunch of stuff from UPS office. I ordered them in different days and weeks, but they all coincidentally came on the same day.

I bought these ear warmers from Woot.com. My sister-in-law showed me this sale. A pair of ear warmer only costs 1 penny! Shipping is $5.
I showed this deal to hubby, and asked if I should buy them. I told him a pair originally costs $10 on Amazon.
Then, he told me to buy 3 pairs (The order limit was 3 pairs). One pair only costs 1 penny!
They are warm and comfortable to wear. I'm going to give 1 to my SIL.

180s Stretch Tech Fleece Ear Warmer
$5.03 shipped (Orig. $10 each)



★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I bought a bunch of Burts Bees products last December (Blog). The carrot night creme and day cremes are pretty good. I like them.

I'm almost out of the night creme. I found a nice deal on eBay, I bought the day and night cremes for $21.50 shipped!
Luckily, on the day when I won the auction, Groupon was selling a $15 eBay gift card for $7!
I paid the Burt Bees with 2 GCs, they were stackable.
One GC I purchased with my Groupon credit (so it's practically free!) and the other one I purchased with my credit card. One of best deals ever!!

Burt's Bees Carrot Nutritive Night & Day Creme
$7 shipped (Orig. $14-16, each)




★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

AVON gave away some beauty kits to limited amount of people on their website around 1-2 months ago. I luckily got one, but I don't know what to do with it now. I don't use AVON. LOL



★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Browsing Nordstrom (Rack) site has been my daily routine for the past few months. They have some good deals on clothes and shoes sometimes. One time they had some $200 Rock and Republic jeans for $53. Last week I saw this $178 sweater for less than $10! That's more than 90% off! Heck, without thinking, I snatched one in my regular size right away. I also bought a pair of flats (shipping is free if buy a pair of shoes), to avoid paying the $8 shipping fee, and then I'll just return the shoes to the store.

Alberto Makali Belted Wool Blend Cardigan
$9.97 shipped (Orig. $178)



I love the style on the front, it's so unique. I'm a sucker for unique-looking clothes! I love how the sides are longer than the front and back part. Unfortunately, the cardigan is slightly too big for me, not as form-fitting as modeled. O well, it's only $9.

Now the flats that I was planning to return them to the store later because I bought them just to avoid paying shipping fee... I'm thinking to keep them. LOL
The flats have the black denim upper. I love the tiny pyramid studs, they make the flats look edgy.

BP Studd Flats - $34.90 shipped





★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I think I've found the perfect brown spring/summer leather slouchy hobo bag! I purchased this bag from Rue La La.

Marc New York by Andrew Marc "Venture" Hobo
$79.95 shipped (Orig. $275)




I love the design and it's roomy!
Inside the bag, there's one zipper compartment and 2 open pockets. Pretty standard.
The two zippers on the back are real pockets, roomy enough for lipsticks. The two zippers on the front are just for decoration. Why they can't just make them functional just like the ones on the back!? :-/ I love this hobo nevertheless.



★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★


C&C California emailed me a 40% off coupon. Of course I automatically visited the site to look for something to buy.

Cashmere Blend Cowl Neck Dolman Sweater
$35.94 shipped (Orig. $175)



I had been eyeing this sweater for awhile. I love tops that have dolman-style sleeves. After the discount, this cashmere sweater is pretty affordable.

I love the material, it's cashmere soft. The color is as pictured.
The sweater is very light-weight.
I ordered my regular C&C CA size (Medium). Unfortunately, the sweater is too big for me. It fits like a potato sack.

I'm going to exchange it with a size small. I contacted the customer service, they said I'm responsible for the shipping fee to return the sweater. However, I will not be charged for shipping on the new sweater. Sounds fair to me! Glad the sweater is very light-weight, so the shipping costs is pretty cheap.


2 comments:

  1. Love the bag and ear muffs. I have one in pink and its so warm during the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should TRY the Avon ANEW products, you will be pleasantly surprised. I use the designer brands from Sephora usually, but I have tried the Anew/Avon products & I have to say , they are great! The rest of Avon products are junk but this line is very good & I would compare them to the other brands I buy. They have better ingredients/testing/& results just like the higher end brands, but like I said JUST the Anew products. And hey, if you don't want 'em I'd love to have them! ;)

    ReplyDelete