Saturday, January 15, 2011

Jan'11 - Week 2, Part 2 (Online)

Things I received in the mail this week! ☺

There's this website called TheFoundary.com, that is similar to Ruelala or Hautelook, but instead of fashion-related items, they sell home furnishing goods, 50-70% off retail price. They have nice furniture, kitchenware, pet stuff, etc for pretty good price.
A few months ago they had a promo, $25 store credit for new members. After stalking the site for a few months, finally there's one item that I could get with the credit.

Escali Sola Digital Scale (Orig. $39.99) - $9.95 shipped


This is a pretty neat scale. It's small and sleek, with built-in thermometer in Fahrenheit and Celsius. It can measures in pounds/ounces, fluid ounces, grams and millimeters. So I can use it to weigh liquid, solid food, and even to calculate postage!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Tiger Jet 3 Mini Helicopter (Orig. $49) - $4 shipped
Mini Garden Pail Lavender (Orig. $25)- $5 shipped



Last month, a website called Swirl.com (it's also one of those sites that sell expensive goods for 50-70% off retail price), offered promotions that was hard to ignore, $20 automatic discount for new members, $25 referral code, and free shipping code!
I used the promos to get a lavender pot kit. It comes with soil, seeds, wood chips, and instructions. I can't wait until spring to start planting! I also used the promos to get a mini helicopter toy. Something that hubby and I can play with. ☺

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

FUMI Purse Hook/Bangle - $21.24 shipped


I bought another purse hook on eBay. I once bought the cheap version, the one that looks like a button (Link). It doesn't work on thick and slippery tables. It's a pain to find it in my handbag that is always full of junk. I already lost it too.



It's pretty expensive for a purse hook, but it also works as a bracelet and as an accessory for my handbag.
When I'm not using it, I just wrap it around the handbag strap. The plain version is cheaper. I spent $ extra since I love leopard/cheetah patterns. :-P



When I tested it out the first time, I was worried that my heavy handbag would break the bracelet.
Amazingly, I can hang my handbag on it with no problem. Yah, it's supposed to be able to hold up to 25 pounds of weight! It's a good investment if you don't like putting your bags on the floor, afraid of getting it dirty.



★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

After waiting for 2-3 months, finally Sephora restocked the Urban Decay NAKED palette. So I bought it right away. It's out of stock 1-2 days later. It's really crazy that this palette disappears from the shelf really fast.

UD NAKED palette (Orig. $44)- $40 shipped (w/ VIB 10% off code)
+ 3 perfume samples


I love the shimmer eyeshadows. The matte ones, not so much. It's a quite expensive palette, but since there 12 shades, each e/s costs less than $4. A single UD e/s costs $17. So it's quite a bargain. I bought this because most of the times I wear neutral colors. So this palette is really made for me!



★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I ordered these clothes from MyShape.com 3 weeks ago. I shouldn't have, but it's really hard to ignore. They had 40% off sale (now they are having 70% off sale!), plus free shipping, and $25 off of $50 offer.



After the discounts, my items costs less than $11, EACH!!

Pure & Simple Wrapped Dress (Orig. $88)



I think this dress is not that flattering for my body type, due to my big bust and short torso. But, I like the style, perfect for summer. The material of the dress is so nice quality and comfortable. The material is between cotton and rayon, and a little stretchy.


Karen Kane Print Dolman Sleeve Top (Orig. $72)


I love this top! Not sheer, lovely beige color and the prints, and love the dolman sleeves. Nice quality fabric.


Calvin Klein Foile Top w/ Petal Sleeve (Orig. $59)


This is an interesting babydoll style blouse. The pattern is boho-ish. The split sleeves won't look flattering on people with chubby or muscular arms for sure. The sleeve holes are a bit big, exposing my bra. So i'm planning to alter them.

Calvin Klein Fit & Flare Tunic Sweater (Orig. $63)


The one I bought is in oatmeal, beige-ish color, babydoll-ish style. Pretty comfy. The neckline is not that low, so I don't really need to wear a tank top under it, just like the modeled picture.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

First damage in 2011..... I blamed my BFF for this, but I must thank her too!

GUCCI Guccissima Charm Medium Tote


My friend, who is a bag addict, occasionally shows me some nice deals on designer handbags on Neiman Marcus website, asking for my opinions.

One day, I came across this Gucci leather bag on the sale section. I was panicking when I saw how good the price was, 55% off of the retail price! I immediately sent a text message to my friend and then purchased the bag without thinking it through, before it's snatched by someone else. Besides, I could cancel the order any time as long as the order was still "In Process" anyway... of course I decided to just take the plunge. Buy now, decide later.

My friend went online a moment later, and bought the bag too. She shipped it to me to avoid paying sales tax, like usual. LOL

The description from the website:



The description says the bag color is green. But, when I opened the package, I was shocked that the bag wasn't green at all. It looks black to me, which is a plus! The bag only looks dark green-ish under bright light or the sun.

Versatile color and style. The leather feels soft and luxurious.
I LOVE IT! So glad I decided to buy it! Finally I own a Gucci bag. ♥






Now, I have to go on a shopping ban for real....

No comments:

Post a Comment