Monday, December 20, 2010

Holiday Shopping

I did quite a damage last weekend. Glad I don't leave near malls, or I'd be SO overbudget!

Saturday, my hubby and I went to Portland and stayed overnight at his friend's house. He and his friend went to some World of Warcraft card game event, and I was left roaming free for 6 hours at my favorite mall.

I went to VS to spend the $10 off coupon that I got in the mail. I was planning to buy a panty with it, but luckily I found a tee I instantly like. Even though I don't like the huge "LOVE PINK" word on it, I like the athletic style and the color. Nice oversized tee to sleep in.

Athletic Tee (Orig. $16.50) - $6.50



★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I got a JCP $10 off of any purchase coupon in the mail last week. I couldn't find anything I like. Then I found the MNG by Mango section. So many nice clothes. Expensive, but nice! I browsed through the sale section and decided to get a marled cardi. It's expensive but I love it. It's thick and nice quality. I love the dark green color.

When I gave my coupon, the cashier said that I should keep that coupon and use the $10 off of $50 coupon from the flier. So I still have this unused $10 coupon. LOL Too bad I'm not planning to use it. I've enough JCP.

MNG by Mango Marled Cardigan (Orig. $89.90) - $43.94



★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Express has a $15 off of $30 coupon that valid until today.

Glad I didn't buy anything on Free Shipping Day on friday. I shopped too much in store.

They were having 30% off of the whole store, BOGO 50% off knit tops. To sweeten the deal more, I had a couple of $15/$30 coupons!

Ruffled-Sleeve Ruched Top (Orig. $29.90) - $14.99


2 Open Cardigans - $19.90 each (Orig. $34.90)


After 30% off + BOGO 50% off Knit Tops + $15/$30 coupon = $19.98 !!


The ruffled-sleeves is really pretty, mixed of chiffon and modal. The ruched on the waist gives the slimming effect. The top is hips-length. The SA at the store wore it with high-waisted black skirt. She looked good in it. I'm planning to wear it with skinnies and boots.

The cardigans are made of semi-sheer and soft cotton. Great for summer.

I was planning to get the green one only, but then after I was about to pay, the cashier said he couldn't use the $15/$30 coupon because the total was under $30. I was confused, because I calculated it, the total was supposed to be around $35. So I grabbed another cardigan from the clearance section. I saw the receipt, the cardigans were actually BOGO 50% off!

Then, I browsed the store again to use my second Express coupon. LOL

Military Shirt - $29.90 ($49.90)


Men Stretchy Tee - $19.90

After 30% off + $15/$30 = $24.42

I love how the military buttoned-down shirt is stretchy and form-fitting. Sexy!
I was going to get it in army green. I put it back on the hanger and went to pay for the first 3 tops. I shouldn't have done that. When I went back, the shirt was gone!! No more in my size. :(
So I settled with the brown one. *sniff* Yah it's still better than nothing.

I bought a tee for hubby to reach the $30 minimum requirement. I bought enough for myself. I wanted to get a buttoned-down shirt, but I wasn't sure about the size, since Express men shirts are more fitted.

FIVE tops for less than $45, not bad for Express stuff!
I rarely shop Express because their clothes seem too dressy and club-ish. I'm more of the casual type. Also they are pricey too. Glad I only printed 2 coupons, or I'd keep trying to find something to buy there. LOL

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

After 3 hours, my feet were so sore. So I spent about an hour drinking Jamba Juice and reading my Kindle while waiting for . Then, hubby said their game was still going for another 2 hours. So I walked around again and went to A&F.

Abercrombie & Fitch tee (Orig. $38) - $20.93


I wasn't expecting to find something in my size in the clearance section. Most of the clearance clothes were only in size small and extra small. I coincidentally found one tee in size large. Actually extra large (non-existent size) fits more comfortably, but I can wear some style in size large.
I have to wash it first before I wear it, it stinks of their perfume. Blech.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Then I went to Gap. The store was having 40% off on select styles.
I bought a top with puffy sleeves. I almost bought another one in blue. One is enough. I didn't have time to browse more since hubby was on his way to pick me up.

Puffy Sleeves ($19.50) - $9.59


★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sunday, on our way home, we went to a Outlet Factory Mall. We went from one store to another, regardless of the big 30-40% off signs, we didn't buy anything.... not until we visited Kenneth Cole Reaction, the store was having extra 41% off entire store! LOL odd number. Select items were 50% off! Sweet.


Diagonal Ruffle Tee ($49) - $11.79


Most ruffles tops make me look fatter. I love how this one doesn't because the ruffles are flat and the tee is fitted.

Plain tee ($35) - $4.98


Couldn't resist a super cheap plain tee in forest green. One of my fav colors, the same color as the VS boyfriend cardigan I purchased last week. ☺

Ruched V-neck Tee (Orig. $55) - $9.98


I found this ruched long tee on the clearance rack. The only one in my size too! Lucky! The v-neck part has silver and gold colored studs. The fabric is so soft. I love the ruched waist, it gives the slimming effect.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Our last visit was the Nike store. He's interested to buy that shirt that keeps body warm in freezing weather.

From outside, it looks like any other sweat-wicking sporty shirt, but the inside part of this shirt is lined with a fleece-like material. So this shirt can keep your body warm without wearing those heavy jackets/coats.

Nike Pro - Core Hyperwarm Fitted Mock-Neck (Orig. $50) - $40

2 comments:

  1. Instead of wasting all this money on clothing and trying to get rid of coupons, why don't you just use all this money you could've saved and keep it in the bank or donate it to a charity that could use the money in a better way. Stop wasting your money on clothing you probably will barely wear or throw away after a season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Throw away?! Tsk tsk. That's wasteful. I do donate 4-5 bags of them to charity every year. I do save more than half of my money every month. I calculate everything. ;-)The ones that I don't wear either I donate or sale and use the money to buy new ones. So I "recycle" them.

    ReplyDelete