Thursday, April 8, 2010

Victoria's Secret Love Rocks

I purchased the Love Rocks lip gloss ring last week, and I also got a Love Rocks tote for free (w/ any Love Rocks purchase)!

The canvas tote is surprisingly very nice quality. It's made of thick and sturdy canvas. The size is very huge, 22" wide x 19" tall. It has a rose-shape decoration made of suede-like (imitation) leather.
I really like this bag because it's not like the other VS totes. It doesn't have the usual big and/or all over Victoria's Secret logos on it, so you won't feel like you're a walking billboard when you're carrying it. The font sort of reminds me of Kate Von D and Rock & Republic.


To get the tote for free, I purchased the lip gloss ring. I really like the ring design and the bright red shade. I estimate the ring size is size 7.
I was able to get it for cheaper with the $10 Secret Reward Card.

Love Rocks Lip Gloss Ring - $7.99 shipped (Orig. $12)


Unfortunately, i'm a little bit disappointed with the lip gloss quality. It's not pigmented, it's very sheer. Yah, I shouldn't have expected much from a $12 lip gloss. I bet the ring design costs more than the lip gloss. LOL
I was hoping that the lip gloss would make my lips color bright red, just like the color on the ring. I had to apply layers of it for the bright red color to show up. It's even hard to capture the color with my 12.1 megapixel camera. The result looks coral-ish instead.
On the positive side, it feels nice on my lips, it's quite long lasting (if I don't eat anything). I also like the shade, it adds "healthy" red color to my pale lips, AND I got a cool canvas tote! All for less than $8!! LOL
I'm gonna wear the ring to work tomorrow!! \(^o^)/



4 comments:

  1. The tote looks so cute I love it! The brightness doesn't seem to come out v well but I still think the coral colour looks very pretty on you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Is this only an online deal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rachel, Thanks !!!
    @TLNHRTN, yeah, but the deal was over already, on the 6th.

    ReplyDelete