Saturday, April 3, 2010

Dr. Jart Black Label Detox Healing BB Cream

Dr. Jart Black Label Detox Healing BB Cream - $15.29 shipped


One day, I was thinking to get a BB cream foundation.
I previously had been using Revlon Colorstay for a few months. It's a nice foundation, but it's a pretty heavy foundation. I want something lighter, more natural, and suits for spring/summer weather.

My friend recommended me Dr. Jart Black Label BB cream. After I read pretty good reviews about it online, I decided to purchase one on eBay.
I bought it from this seller, very dependable. The item arrived around 10 days later. The BB cream original price is $16.99. I paid $15.29 shipped, after eBates and Bing cashback.

There are 2 types, Black label and Silver label.
I have oily-dry skin combination type.
I purchased the Black label one because according to some reviews the Silver label one made their faces look ghostly.




Revlon ColorStay Golden Beige (left)
vs
Dr Jart Black Label (right)



As you can see, Revlon Colorstay golden beige is darker than Dr. Jart.
Also, Revlon Colorstay is more watery.
I apply the BB Cream with my fingers, it's easier to do than using a foundation brush.
In the beginning, the foundation shade seems lighter than my skintone, but after it has settled down, it blends with my skintone pretty nicely.
The foundation feels light on my skin, it has good staying power and oil control too.
It has semi-sheer coverage. It covers minor flaws (e.g redness) and minimizes pores, but it doesn't cover sunspots/freckles and acne scars that well, it only fades them out. So this foundation is good if you want "natural"-looking coverage.

2 comments:

  1. Wow I've been dying to get some bb cream but I get super confused because there is so many different types and brands and so many mixed reviews! Glad that this is up so I can eliminate one of my choices. I have acne scars that I want to cover up :(

    ReplyDelete