Thursday, April 1, 2010

Hana Elite 1" 100% Ceramic Flat Iron

Disclaimer:
The product mentioned in this post are sponsored by Misikko. I am not affiliated with this company nor getting paid to advertise this product. This post is written with my honest opinion
.





A Missiko representative messaged me on Youtube. He asked me to make a few minutes video review of one of their 100% pure ceramic flat irons. In return, I can keep the flat iron and other stuff that comes with it.

Information from the Missiko website about this flat iron:
Dedicated to high ceramic content and top of the line components, Hana's pursuit of high tech styling without hype led to the Hana Professional Flat Iron - Advanced Fusion Molding delivers glass-smooth ceramic-tourmaline plates while accelerated negative ion output repairs hair follicles, sealing in natural oils for a conditioned, sleek, salon shine that lasts all day.
With professional features like damp-to-dry styling, floating plates that self adjust to different textures and adjustable temperature, the Hana Professional hair straightener is engineered to deliver luxury at a down to earth price.

Hana Professional Features:
  • Advanced Tourmaline Ceramic Plates for Accelerated Ion Generation and Maximum Frizz-Free, Conditioning Shine
  • Ceramic is naturally hygienic, protects color & retards fading
  • Floating 1” Plates Auto-Adjust To Glide Over Any Hair Texture
  • Curved Plate Edges For Versatile Styling - Curl, Flip or Straighten!
  • Adjustable Temperature Dial - 5 Settings from 140-450° F for All Hair Types
  • Flash Heats in Seconds with Instant Compensation for Heat Loss
  • Ergonomic Handle Design with No-Slip Grip
  • Smooth Grooves Keep Hair Strands Separate and Snag-Free
  • Tangle-Free Salon Quality Cord Swivels 360°; Convenient Hanging Loop
  • Energy Efficient at 38 Watts
  • Independent On/Off Switch
  • Includes Luxe Heat Proof Storage Pouch, Heat Proof Silicone Mat, & Special Edition Tin Case
  • Made in Korea
  • Two Year Warranty

I received the flat iron in the mail a week later. I love how they packaged their stuff, with a personalized letter and flower decors.





The flat iron comes in a tin case.
They also included a leather travel pouch (pic above), a heat proof silicon mat and a heat proof pouch! (pics below).




All of these worth $119.99 (Orig. $204.99) on the website.

I ♥ THIS FLAT IRON !!
This flat iron is very simple to use and it glides through my hair easily.

I have a CHI flat iron. The one thing I don't like about the Chi iron is it only has an ON/OFF button, I can't adjust the temperature.

This Hana Elite flat iron has an adjustable temperature dial. It heats up and cools down really fast, less than a minute. The LED indicator light remains steady when iron is heating up and will blink when desired temperature is reached. If the light is off but the switch is set to on, the iron is decreasing temperature to a lower setting.
It's kind of like how a clothes iron works.




They also included some random goodies, a nail filer set, a hand sanitizer, a body spray, and hair clips.
I like the hair clips! They are better than those flat metal salon hair clips, they sometimes pull some strands of my hair when I take them off.




Also they included Hana Shine Shield ($29.99. Orig. $49.99).



Description from the website:
  • Lightweight leave-in conditioning therapy
  • Designed to protect and restore both hair and scalp from environmental and styling stress
  • Jojoba absorbs quickly without a greasy feel for thorough deep conditioning
  • Jojoba naturally dissolves soil, removing build-up from other styling products to leave hair clean & supple
  • Jojoba naturally excels at thickening keratin layers, bringing out your hair's natural color overtones, highlights and brilliance
  • Periodic use over time is proven to advance the quality of your hair & the health of your scalp
I previously always used the CHI 44 Iron Guard. This Hana product is much better. Add shine, not greasy, and I like the smell too.

I don't use a flat iron to straighten my hair, just for curling.
I tried straightening my hair with the flat iron + Hana Shine Shield. I should have taken a picture. The result looked really nice, shiny and stick straight, just like the girl's hair below. I don't like that kind of hair, because I have thin hair. It makes my hair look thinner.


Styled with the flat iron - Curly and Wavy


1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Your blog is awesome and some excellent information is shared. Your blog is useful for our visitors.
    Fabove, Canada's leading beauty store, recommends these best flat irons based on Customer's rating and ranking. Sorted in different price ranges and categories. Free shipping across Canada and USA.

    ReplyDelete