Sunday, November 29, 2009

Revlon Colorstay = HG foundation

So, last week I read a topic on Soompi about Revlon Colorstay foundation, here. They said this foundation was suitable for asian yellow skin tone. I read quite good reviews on makeupalley too. They recommended golden beige or sand beige.

Luckily, Walgreens and Rite Aid were having BOGO free that week. One foundation costs $12.99. Wow, quite a jump from 4-5 years ago, when they sold foundations for half the price of that LOL.


So, as recommended, I bought sand beige and golden beige. One for normal/dry skin, and the other one for combination/oily skin, since I wasn't sure which skin type I was.

FYI, before I apply this foundation, I apply foundation primer first. Without it, it's hard to even out the foundation, it looks streaky.

The sand beige, was not a match. Also, it felt like I was wearing a mask, looked oily too. So, I guess I have oily skin type.
Luckily, the golden beige suits my skin tone! It has amazing long lasting coverage, good oil control and not drying. It feels like I'm not wearing foundation. Last night, I was out for 12 hours, my makeup still looked 80-90% flawless by the end of the day.

According to the reviews on makeupalley, it's not good for acne-prone skin. Since it's great staying power, it's hard to wash it off thoroughly. Luckily, it doesn't make me break out. Then again, probably because I double-cleanse. I wash my face with cleansing oil, and cleanser+Clarisonic. Then, I use toner too, to eliminates the last traced of oil, dirt and makeup from pores.

One thing I don't like about this foundation is the smell. OMG, it smells like paint. It smells kinda nauseating when I'm applying it on my face. The smell gradually disappears after about an hour.

So yeah, from now on I'm going to stick with this foundation.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, just wondering roughly what NC are you? NC25 or NC30? Nice review!
    I need to pick up the Combi/Oily one and can't decide on the colour haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that MAC foundation coding? Sorry, I have no idea. I've never used MAC. All I know, for Laura Mercier, I use Ivory Beige or Warm Beige.

    ReplyDelete