Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Some beauty-related reviews



SUNTER LIGHTING Natural Daylight Magnifying Mirror

So, last weekend hubby and I went to Costco to do our monthly grocery shopping. I saw this cool magnifying dual-sided mirror that costs $19.99.

The specs:
  • 7" optical grade glass mirror reverses from 1X to 8X magnification
  • Energy efficient Full Spectrum Certified bulb encircles mirror to provide crisp, clear, true-to-life colors
  • Mirror head rotates 360º and tilts 45º allowing you to adjust to the best viewing angle for you
  • Glare-free
  • Fog-free
  • Shadow-free
  • Distortion-free
  • Touch sensitive switch provides instant on, flicker-free light
  • Sturdy satin nickel finish base and stand
  • Porcelain white light shade surrounds mirror
  • Overall height approximately 15"
  • Sunter Lighting/Model SLM-61

I thought, "Wow, that is SO cheap!" Seriously, you won't be able to get such good deal anywhere else!
I then asked hubby w/ my cutesy voice and puppy eyes, "I want that magnifying mirror *points*. Can I get it?" And then after he saw the price tag, and then, "Sure, it's only $20 anyway."

YAY! ❤

I have an old yellow-lighted magnifying mirror that I have had for 8-9 years (Wow! It's been that long?!). I compared them side by side, gosh, this Costco mirror is SOOOO much better, everything looks brighter and clearer!! I can apply liquid eyeliner close to my lash line easier, also tweezing my eyebrows is such a breeze. The mirror size is big enough for me to see my whole face in it.

Ever put on your makeup thinking you look like a million bucks -- only to get outside and be horrified when you catch a glimpse of yourself in a mirror? This mirror will totally solve your problem !!

One bad thing about this strong magnifying mirror, I can see my skin flaws that I've never seen before, it's kinda depressing. LOL T__T

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

So, last couple of days I was researching on the Internet about how to treat my eyebrows. I usually used Sally Hansen facial hair removal cream once-twice a week to remove strays. Hair removal cream is very convenient, apply w/ a Q-tip, wait for 2-3 minutes, wipe it off w/ a paper towel and done. I used it once-twice a week. But, after months of using one, my skin couldn't stand it anymore. It always looked red and irritated.

So, I found this product called "Parissa Wax Strips Mini Eyebrows Design," You can read reviews on drugstore.com.
It got pretty good reviews, 4.5 stars out of 5.
I bought it at Fred Meyer for $6.xx. I don't know where else you can get this Parissa products.

*click pictures to see bigger version*


Description from the drugstore.com site:

Parissa Mini Wax Strips: a mess-free, express hair remover that makes eyebrow waxing a breeze. Perfectly sized for shaping or maintaining brows up to 6 weeks.

Smooth Skin. Clean & Simple
  • Azulene Oil: soothes & softens skin, prevents ingrown hair.
  • Ideal for: beginners, touch-ups and travel.
  • Contains: 32 16 x 2 sided mini strips. 8ml oil.
Manual


The mini strips


It works the same as wax strips, but this is more convenient. No mess, no need to heat it up.
If you've never waxed before, you probably will have a little trouble with it, like I did.
It took me about 30 mins and 2 of the mini strips to do my eyebrows.

Before & After


❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

So, 2 weeks ago I bought something from Sephora and got this GWP "Philosophy Miracle Worker kit, " $65 value.
I was so excited of getting it because I read so many good reviews about Philosophy Hope in A Jar moisturizer and Purity cleanser. I wanted to try them first before spending $15+ for one small jar.


1. Purity made simple one step facial cleanser, 1 fl. oz

2. Hope in a jar therapeutic moisturizer for all skin types 0.4 oz.

3. Hope in a tube high denisty eye and lip firming cream 0.25 oz.

4. 1 foil sample of the microdelivery peel vitamin c/peptide resuracing crystals 0.30 oz step one

5. 1 foil sample microdelivery peel step two

6. 1 foil sample of microdelivery exfoliating wash


I used the Hope in A Jar at night before bed and I used the Purity cleanser with the Clarisonic to remove makeup.

Unfortunately, my skin doesn't like this product at all.

I have dry-combination skin.
The cleanser made my skin felt tight and stung a bit. The moisturizer didn't seem moisturizing enough for me. Next morning, my face had dry patches and my cheeks were kinda red.
After about 3 days of using them, I got mild pimples near my left eyebrow, my right cheek and some on my chin.
At first, I thought the cause of these pimples and redness because the Clarisonic brush was too rough.
But, after I stopped using the Philosophy and switched back to my Skinfood cleanser+Clarisonic and Olay moisturizer, my skin condition now is getting much better, my skin tone is more even/no redness and pimples are gradually disappearing.

Well, that's a bummer. Now I don't know what to do with the rest of this kit.

I only used the moisturizer 3-4 times at night and the cleanser twice. So there's still so much left. I haven't touched the rest.
Sooooo... I'm willing to give them away for $5 shipped if you want to try them out, just email me, at bunnyrandomstuff@gmail.com. ;-)


If you are looking for a cheap night cream, you should try this Olay - Night of Olay firming cream. It's only $6.xx at Target.
It's SO good, especially if you have dry skin type. It's very moisturizing. When I wake up, my skin is moisturized and supple. It doesn't make me breakout. It helps restoring my skin condition after my experiment with the Philosophy kit.




No comments:

Post a Comment